• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black skin on abdomen B. smithi

PauLeen

3 Year Member
I just want to ask if this grey-black skin on her abdomen is normal. She gone little bit bald on abdomen before, and then happened this. Sorry for picture quality. Ps.: So sorry for my english, I'm from Czech republic.

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-19_7-12-11.jpeg
    upload_2016-6-19_7-12-11.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just want to ask if this grey-black skin on her abdomen is normal. She gone little bit bald on abdomen before, and then happened this. Sorry for picture quality. Ps.: So sorry for my english, I'm from Czech republic.
For future reference, the NW flickers like the B smithi, make it very easy to spot pre-moult as the bald patch goes grey/black. What you are seeing is the new hairs developing underneath the skin and all the advice by others here about stop feeding and offer fresh water is spot oN. I usually give he tank a mist as well to make sure there is some humidity in there. Not always necessary but seems to make life a little easier in my experience. Let us know how he/she gets on.