• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beetles

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Decided to post a few pics of my beetles. Will post one at a time in case anyone has an interest and would like more information. Thanks.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cryptoflassa variolosa - Iron Clad Beetles

Black%20Death%20Feigning%20Beetle1_0221_zpsrh6bhopw.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome denny! i like the bess beetles! man i gotta get some more inverts....lol still hunting. :) looking at roaches now. hissers and pepper roaches.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Denny do any of these have decent life spans? Excellent pics btw. And I've been seeing some giant, predatory beetles on YouTube, really interesting. I'm moving to beetles after I satisfy my roach and Amblypygi fascination. I have some kind of rhinoceros beetle making perfectly round holes at the edge of my house, ill probably start with those. Big fellas, too.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome denny! i like the bess beetles! man i gotta get some more inverts....lol still hunting. :) looking at roaches now. hissers and pepper roaches.
Pepper roaches look interesting, and theres a lot of people on the roach forum who swear by them. Let me know how they are, would you Entity?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am still not allowed roaches in the house. Otherwise I am sure I would have a species or two.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Denny do any of these have decent life spans? Excellent pics btw. And I've been seeing some giant, predatory beetles on YouTube, really interesting. I'm moving to beetles after I satisfy my roach and Amblypygi fascination. I have some kind of rhinoceros beetle making perfectly round holes at the edge of my house, ill probably start with those. Big fellas, too.
Thanks. Not my specialty for sure! The adults are fairly long lived given proper conditions. Diet is hardwood. They are communal as well so the more the merrier.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Asbolus verrucosus - Blue Death Feigning Beetles!
I've been eyeballing these, supposedly they can coexist peacefully in a scorp tank? I was considering setting up a nice little display :p

Any info you can share on them would be great, don't have much faith in random net information :p

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Asbolus verrucosus - Blue Death Feigning Beetles!
I've been eyeballing these, supposedly they can coexist peacefully in a scorp tank? I was considering setting up a nice little display :p

Any info you can share on them would be great, don't have much faith in random net information :p
Very hardy critters. Set up the enclosure like a desert T. I feed them beetle jellies and an occasional treat of dead crickets. Make sure they have water available. I actually use water crystals like I use for my crickets as it lasts a bit longer. All of them hang out together. Very social. I have seen videos of them living in the scorpion burrows but have not tried it. Good method to clean the burrow but make sure the scorpions are well fed (never trust a hungry scorpion!). If you end up trying, please update us as I would be interested in trying it if I knew for sure it was safe for them.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very hardy critters. Set up the enclosure like a desert T. I feed them beetle jellies and an occasional treat of dead crickets. Make sure they have water available. I actually use water crystals like I use for my crickets as it lasts a bit longer. All of them hang out together. Very social. I have seen videos of them living in the scorpion burrows but have not tried it. Good method to clean the burrow but make sure the scorpions are well fed (never trust a hungry scorpion!). If you end up trying, please update us as I would be interested in trying it if I knew for sure it was safe for them.
Oh well fed isn't an issue, I have to force myself not to overfeed. ^^ if I get the tank done I very well may get a few, and if anything tries to eat them then I'll move them :D

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds like a perfect habitat for these guys. Will devour dead crickets that is for sure.