• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beautiful Samara :)

Leylaf

3 Year Member
10294268_10152209130110819_4431673841402269247_n.jpg

Leylaf

3 Year Member
Hey...
You know, she was sold to me as an A. Avicularia (petsmart..sigh), but she is so colorful, I was wondering this myself. One of the main reasons I couldn't resist buying her.

Spidro

3 Year Member
Wow beautiful colours, i have an avic-avic which looks very similar to this. However comparing mine to this picture, the abdomin is definetly more pink with yours and the legs on my t are a darker blue or black. I cant say if that would make it a different genus but im by no means an expert lol. Very nice T.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Hello
Just saw this photo,I'm going to ask a few questions.
- legs,do they look purplish ?
- carapace,is it blue or blue with purple around it or starting to show purple ?
- abdomen,is it reddish hair or purplish with a hint of pink ?
Sorry photos are misleading,if you see any other colors or things I've missed plead add. What size I'd the T's DLS ? Also,please post your Avic,in the club Avicularia section if possible.

Leylaf

3 Year Member
Hi Martin...thanks for responding :)

Here are the answers to your questions:

Legs: dark purple
Carapace: Kind of a turquoise/aqua color
abdomen: Hair is definitely pink/purple, not red.
DLS: 3.5"

Will definitely post her in the avic section as well :)

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Martin...thanks for responding :)

Here are the answers to your questions:

Legs: dark purple
Carapace: Kind of a turquoise/aqua color
abdomen: Hair is definitely pink/purple, not red.
DLS: 3.5"

Will definitely post her in the avic section as well :)

Hello
Thanks for the reply,would like a better photo. From what you've said,I'd go with Avicularia Peru purple or as its classified now. This is definitely not Avicularia Purpurea,they are as slings like Versi where the Versi is blue the Purpurea is black. Post another pic if possible,and I look again.

Leylaf

3 Year Member
Martin,

Yes, in the picture above, if you switch the green/blue for purple, that would be correct. I did some research, and she is most likely A. Urticans (Peru purple). I found a pic online that looks exactly like her :) I will try to take a couple more pics of her today, but for now mystery solved! :)

Latest posts