• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bad luck comes in multiples

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well aside from my T room project having issues. I lost my P.metallica over the weekend as well. I dont want to have to sell any of my Ts but idk what to do. They are still all small so maybe ill have somthing figured out by the time its needed to need the room

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sad to say it does seem to happen that way. I'm sorry to hear you lost your P. met :(.
As for space, I'm sure you'll manage, it's not as if they need a lot of space and I'm sure you'll get that T room useable in time.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sad to say it does seem to happen that way. I'm sorry to hear you lost your P. met :(.
As for space, I'm sure you'll manage, it's not as if they need a lot of space and I'm sure you'll get that T room useable in time.
Its a bummer. Im going to hve to do some math with the adult size enclousrs and see if i can make due

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Its a bummer. Im going to hve to do some math with the adult size enclousrs and see if i can make due

I've got a couple of new enclosures coming at the end of the month and I'm going to be struggling to fit them in with all the little ones growing so fast. It's one problem with buying slings, you forget that although they're tiny and take up so little room to begin with, before you know it they can be 8" monsters :rolleyes:.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've got a couple of new enclosures coming at the end of the month and I'm going to be struggling to fit them in with all the little ones growing so fast. It's one problem with buying slings, you forget that although they're tiny and take up so little room to begin with, before you know it they can be 8" monsters :rolleyes:.
Yeah thats the issue im in now since im havng isse with the room i was gonna keep them in. I knw the spacd i have atm. Have to go through all then slings. And recheck adult size then see the minimum size can use for them. Then see where I am space wise. Hopefully i can at least keep what I have. But no more buying slings until I get this sorted out. Which in itself is disappointing since I was close to having what I wanted as being content with my collection

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know im going to need two 20g lgs for the lp and strimi.i was going to use a 10 g for the obt. But now have to figre out somethng else it seems

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah thats the issue im in now since im havng isse with the room i was gonna keep them in. I knw the spacd i have atm. Have to go through all then slings. And recheck adult size then see the minimum size can use for them. Then see where I am space wise. Hopefully i can at least keep what I have. But no more buying slings until I get this sorted out. Which in itself is disappointing since I was close to having what I wanted as being content with my collection
I know im going to need two 20g lgs for the lp and strimi.i was going to use a 10 g for the obt. But now have to figre out somethng else it seems

I have my 2 LPs in 24"x12"x10" front opening terrariums which stack on top of each other and have 3 8"x8"x12" terrariums on top of them. I find front openers save a lot of space as they can be stacked where top openers can't.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Interesting. What do you keep in the 8x8x12?

The arboreals are in them, Pokies, Psalmopoeus, S. calc, H.mac, Caribena and Tapinauchenius. I have a couple of 12x12x18 for the ones that will outgrow the 8x8x12s.

I need to rehouse my obt. I was thnking of a large krtter keeper 14 1/2” x 8 1/2” x 10”

I got my OBT as a juvi and put her straight into a 12x12x18 ExoTerra. She webbed right up the back corner and used the full height, they are semi-arboreal

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The arboreals are in them, Pokies, Psalmopoeus, S. calc, H.mac, Caribena and Tapinauchenius. I have a couple of 12x12x18 for the ones that will outgrow the 8x8x12s.

I got my OBT as a juvi and put her straight into a 12x12x18 ExoTerra. She webbed right up the back corner and used the full height, they are semi-arboreal
Have you had any issuse with them chewing the screen top? I hve a p.irmina in 8x8x12 may need to get a 12x12x18 for it. Definitely need something alng those lines for my L.violaceopes If not something bigger

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Have you had any issuse with them chewing the screen top? I hve a p.irmina in 8x8x12 may need to get a 12x12x18 for it. Definitely need something alng those lines for my L.violaceopes If not something bigger

No, I've not had any problems with them chewing the mesh nor have any got their feet caught in the mesh and my MM p. irminia spends a lot of time upside down on the mesh.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very good to know thank you!

Others may tell you differently but I'm just speaking from my experience. The only Ts I've had chew through anything were my 2 LP who both chewed through the fine plastic mesh of the air vents in their containers.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not sure I buy the "tarsal claws get stuck in the mesh" thing. I've never heard of this happening to anyone.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Not sure I buy the "tarsal claws get stuck in the mesh" thing. I've never heard of this happening to anyone.
It happens, I've found my first g.porteri and my big female Lp hanging upside down from the screen top a couple times, that's why I take the screen out and replace it with acrylic for my larger enclosures.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It happens, I've found my first g.porteri and my big female Lp hanging upside down from the screen top a couple times, that's why I take the screen out and replace it with acrylic for my larger enclosures.
Thanks Buddy. Nice to know there is confirmation to the hype.

Latest posts