• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby tailless whipscorpions

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
i live in Arizona and there is a cave one of my friends told me i can find them. are they hard to keep if found in the wild? im curious. cuz they look soooo cool!
I had a wold caught tgat died during a moult. If you get the humidity right they aren't too hard :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've heard desert hairy's are very cannibalistic. They just need a deep substrate made up of a mix of clay and sand(I can't remember the ratio) so they can tunnel properly. If you get one make sure you get an adult. Its my understanding that younger instars are very difficult/next to impossible to get to molt and survive.
Mathew is right. They can be cannibalistic. However, many people have successfully created communal environments for desert hairy scorpions. Like all communcal scorp tanks, they must be kept well fed at all times and have plenty of space/hides.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i live in Arizona and there is a cave one of my friends told me i can find them. are they hard to keep if found in the wild? im curious. cuz they look soooo cool!

Many scorpions that are for sale are wild caught. And they can do quite well in captivity as they are incredible survival machines (read that there is evidence that they have come back to life after freezing!). Keep temperature and humidity right + the right substrate and you should have a long lived happy pet. Only caution is that if you grab a female, she WILL be gravid. The gestation period can be a year+. I have learned that the hard way.

Latest posts