• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.Vagans molting before & after

Tammy Richardson

3 Year Member
My B.Vagans, Bellassia, molted yesterday & I was lucky enough to catch it!

Attachments

• IMG_9580.JPG
    IMG_9580.JPG
    947.3 KB · Views: 57

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Had she moulted again since this time then?. I hate how long it takes Ts to moult because I just want to see them grow up quick [emoji17]
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens...Psalmopoeus irminia and Theraphosa stirmi are a few fast growing species. There are many others as well but I've personally seen all those grow fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Had she moulted again since this time then?. I hate how long it takes Ts to moult because I just want to see them grow up quick [emoji17]

Although you can't alter the DNA of a spider you can raise the metabolism by raising temperature.

The heat source must be above the tarantula never under the substrate.

The source must never create a hot spot anywhere within the enclosure that you can't touch with your bare hands. A quick test is to touch the enclosure anywhere the T may be. Then touch your forehead. If the spot is the same temp or warmer then your forehead, it's too hot.

Heat lamps etc should be located at least 8" away from the roof of the enclosure. The temperature should be about 80 degrees. Fill the water dish every day after checking it. Heat can cause rapid evaporation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts