• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.jacksoni care?

Noobmatus

3 Year Member
Could anyone give me a quick run down on these guys care? All the info I found online was several years old but from what it said it sounded like they need to be kept half moist half dry at about 72-82 degrees with a hide and water dish is this about right? I'm also curious to know if they require added heat or if room temps in that range are fine?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Could anyone give me a quick run down on these guys care? All the info I found online was several years old but from what it said it sounded like they need to be kept half moist half dry at about 72-82 degrees with a hide and water dish is this about right? I'm also curious to know if they require added heat or if room temps in that range are fine?
From what I've read, your info sounds correct. I have 3 babies I just got, I'm keeping them slightly moist with a dish with rocks in it, 75 degrees. I've only had them four or five hrs, but that's a basic caresheet for almost any invert I guess. I'm most likely going to bump them up to 80 I'm waiting to see how active they are. As long as they're not cold, and have water, you should have time to experiment a little and see how they act. I know they're from Africa, very hot and either moist or dry, so a happy medium should be fine on humidity and temp.

Latest posts