• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. hamorii juvenile molt

jackys

3 Year Member
Finally my turn to share a molting photo! This morning was only the second ever time I've seen one of my T's molt :D

The first ever molt I saw was just couple weeks ago, and sadly I missed the whole process. I just barely caught this one before she was done... Still very cool to watch! She's currently guarding the exuvium and doing spider yoga to stretch out.

DSC04662_cropped.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congratulations. It's an amazing sight that I never tire of seeing.:)

jackys

3 Year Member
Congratulations. It's an amazing sight that I never tire of seeing.:)

Thank you! It's a shame they seem to be so sneaky about it lol... I saw her starting to lay down a molt mat last night, but it took a looooooong time and she still wasn't finished when I went to bed. I guess she only decided to flip over after 7-8 hours of complete silence in the house.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you! It's a shame they seem to be so sneaky about it lol... I saw her starting to lay down a molt mat last night, but it took a looooooong time and she still wasn't finished when I went to bed. I guess she only decided to flip over after 7-8 hours of complete silence in the house.

They vary so much. My male LP once made his moult mat, flipped and moulted all within 6 hours and I got to watch the whole process but the female took 3 days from making her moult mat to flipping although the actual moult was quite quick.

Latest posts