• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B albo update

Innova

3 Year Member
So as I said, 4 weeks ago my B. albopilosum Stuttgart (it's a stupid name I know) molted. I could not find the old
exoskeleton but noticed he/she was bigger, plus a change in behavior. Today I found the most annoying thing
in a tarantula enclosure, mold. So I put her in a deli cup while throwing away substrate. Can you guess what I found? Her old exoskeleton. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 18

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's happened to me before with burrowers like the B. albos, they don't always push them to the surface..

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So as I said, 4 weeks ago my B. albopilosum Stuttgart (it's a stupid name I know) molted. I could not find the old
exoskeleton but noticed he/she was bigger, plus a change in behavior. Today I found the most annoying thing
in a tarantula enclosure, mold. So I put her in a deli cup while throwing away substrate. Can you guess what I found? Her old exoskeleton. :)
albo's are famous for that ;) i've had to wait until after a 2nd molt to get the previous molt pushed out of a burrow before.

Latest posts