• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B albiceps

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I just ordered three of the tarantulas that were on my "regret never buying" list. I had intended to cap my collection and call it good, but apparently I'm incapable of that..
Anyway, I got three females coming this week :) An albiceps, a boehmei and a smithi.
While albiceps aren't exactly rare here, you don't see them in collections much, so I haven't aquired much feedback on the species. All the females I bought are around 3", I know the boehmei and the smithi will be showing decent adult colors, but do the albiceps at that size? Anyone have one? The few adults ive seen are stunning..
They have the same coloring as my A anax females, but are larger and much stockier, and their colors are more vivid.
maxresdefault.jpg

Look at her..(she's not mine, got the image off the net)
That ivory carapace, the dark eye cluster, that's just gorgeous..They look like a vagans with a light carapace, I just realized that..
I'm considering using a mixture of jungle mix and excavator clay, giving them a more authentic substrate. I get tired of the same old dirt look. Maybe build some structures with it too..:) And of course, rocks. They love rocks..
They're still kids, so I'll start them off in 2.5 gallon terrariums, for better viewing pleasure. My juvie male boehmei seems to like his. Man I can't wait for my Christmas spiders to get here :D
Its funny that after collecting so many different genera/species, I'm coming back around to the traditional hobby favorites. Still fond of my giants though :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
really a pretty T, had no idea they were as stocky as that one appears >May have to think about one come spring.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my albicep is about 1-1.5" and showing great colors. Seems to be the size when all Brachy's start showing colors. My smithi is just at an inch and starting to show colors, another molt and he should be popping.

Forgot to add mine is picky on the substrate, i had him on moist so he could burrow but then he quit burrowing to molt, switched him to dry after and now he's pouting. I have new enclosures on order but they won't be here until after I leave for Portland so he'll have to pout for 2 more weeks, or maybe i can get my son to rehouse him.

Mine has attitude, he tried to bite my son's finger last time he was rehoused, he's aggressive and doesn't pose first. Something made me name him Thug before i even got him, and the name really fits lol.

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my albicep is about 1-1.5" and showing great colors. Seems to be the size when all Brachy's start showing colors. My smithi is just at an inch and starting to show colors, another molt and he should be popping.

Forgot to add mine is picky on the substrate, i had him on moist so he could burrow but then he quit burrowing to molt, switched him to dry after and now he's pouting. I have new enclosures on order but they won't be here until after I leave for Portland so he'll have to pout for 2 more weeks, or maybe i can get my son to rehouse him.

Mine has attitude, he tried to bite my son's finger last time he was rehoused, he's aggressive and doesn't pose first. Something made me name him Thug before i even got him, and the name really fits lol.
Lol, I hope mine is like that. I love the ones with character.

Latest posts