• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

avicularia versicolor Sling new molt

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpeg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Uber cute......
Here are s couple of moult suggestions.
1. For those first moult moments (my versicolor funnily enough). Put them in the tiny vials you can get from eBay
2. When they get MUCH bigger, mount and frame like I did with my big girl Genie (Acanthoscurria geniculata). Nearly 8 inch DLS at last moult.
20151230_145717.jpg
20160221_222520.jpg

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Uber cute......
Here are s couple of moult suggestions.
1. For those first moult moments (my versicolor funnily enough). Put them in the tiny vials you can get from eBay
2. When they get MUCH bigger, mount and frame like I did with my big girl Genie (Acanthoscurria geniculata). Nearly 8 inch DLS at last moult.
View attachment 21369 View attachment 21370
Awesome! Thank you for the advice. Ill have to look in to some of those vials

Ethel Webster

3 Year Member
This is exciting! I can't wait to see my Versi slings moult! I've had them 2 weeks now. I am fascinated by the whole moulting process. I also keep Regal jumping spiders and have a collection of carapace moults ranging from a very first moult from leaving the nest up to final moult size. Can't wait to start a collection of versi carapaces too, lol!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine changed colors slightly when she molted. From what I heard, they go through multiple colors stages before the final mature coloration.

Once you get a web, they settle down a lot.