• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia Setup

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you. :) I put some more holes in it tonight. I hope it's ok... She has started to web her enclosure already. Do you think it is big enough? I ended up getting a larger avic then I thought I was going to get, lol. She was just so pretty I couldn't pass her up. <3

I'm thinking of getting an exo terra for her but I'm worried that they don't have any cross ventilation. Does anyone have experience using those with avics? Or do you think what she's in will be fine for awhile where she is? I want to do what's best for her.
Exo terras and other glass enclosures are suitable for most arboreals, but are not the most suitable for Avics IMO.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have the crested gecko exxoterra set up. I recently took my regalis out of it and put her into a big cheese ball container. I really like the cheese ball containers..the exxoterra not so much. Poor ventilation, and those fine mesh screen tops are dangerous.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I have the crested gecko exxoterra set up. I recently took my regalis out of it and put her into a big cheese ball container. I really like the cheese ball containers..the exxoterra not so much. Poor ventilation, and those fine mesh screen tops are dangerous.
HA!! I am doing the same thing this weekend- taaking my Regalis out of the Exo terra and putting her into my cheese ball container! PS. I don't like the cheeses balls either :)

owax

3 Year Member
Lots of good ideas here for Avic enclosures. I have a versicolor sling on the way so I'm trying to do some homework.

Latest posts