• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

avicularia diversipes

BossRoss

3 Year Member
seems like they not too common. I recently bought a sling which is soo tiny, by far the smallest sling I have ever had, and the colours are already amazing.

I attempted to google to see what I can expect in terms of colour through the molts but I notice a lot of the websites have incorrect pictures or only one or two pics, even then I am not 100% sure it is correctly labelled.

I will be sure to keep a photo diary of the molts but this point she is too small for my camera to get a decent focus on.

Any pictures or comments on this T will be appreciated.

PlaidJaguar

3 Year Member
Here's my sling, Frankie.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411219931.468909.jpg

And a couple baby pics because he was just so dang cute:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411219992.085532.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411220041.652098.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMHO, Avics (all of them) are the prettiest slings you get. I could imagine them being great as a first time (hands off) T for someone who is usually scared of spiders due to their beauty.

BossRoss

3 Year Member
I ended up buying an A. diversipes any way... They are awesome. My little one started off as black and green. She is now silver and green and I cant wait to start seeing some pink on her!!! I love the avics especially when they slings and the way they walk!!!

DTG

3 Year Member
Anyone here kept diversipes for any period of time? I had one a while back, raised up to an adult male in a year and it died the week it matured. I have one that is supposedly sexed as a female, it is two inches and I have had if for six months and it has only molted twice and is not growing. She was almost two inches when I first got her. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:)

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Anyone here kept diversipes for any period of time? I had one a while back, raised up to an adult male in a year and it died the week it matured. I have one that is supposedly sexed as a female, it is two inches and I have had if for six months and it has only molted twice and is not growing. She was almost two inches when I first got her. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:)
Hello
I can only say from all my specimens I have within Avicularia,my diversipes is one of the slower growing ones. Another specimen not related but could be due to revision, Irodopelma Recife.

DTG

3 Year Member
That would make sense, except the slings I have right now are almost caught up with her and they were 1/2" when I received them. I have had them less time than her.

Poec54

3 Year Member

My diversipes are one of the faster Avics (well, they're temporarily Avics). I got slings earlier in the year and just had a couple males mature. Females are growing, although not quite as fast. Out of my 10 species, purpurea is the slowest. The diversipes have caught up with them even though they're half the age.

Ophidia

3 Year Member
I just picked up a 2.5" or so one of these today. He or she has so much webbing in the container that I can't see the colors, other than the legs are blue. Photos will have to wait til I get her (hopefully her) home and in a suitibly sized cage. I see there's an exuvium wrapped up in the webbing. Hopefully it's intact enough to sex it.