• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avicularia avicularia mature male getting ready!

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
My new MM A. avic made a sperm web and started getting ready less than 24 hours after arriving. I'm trying to power feed the female before introducing him but she's taking longer to get settled in.

I'll hopefully get a video when I introduce him and I may cohab depending on how the introduction goes.

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
Awesome.:)
Hope all goes well when you introduce them to each other.

The female and male were paired up before being sent to me but no insertions were witnessed while they lived together. She's not eating for me even though a few dubia are in her enclosure with her but she's not very plump so I'm afraid to introduce him and have him become a meal..

Pasodama

3 Year Member
If she has not eaten, I would be concerned, about pairing them up, as well.

I'd think that she would be settled in by now.
Have you offered her a different prey item other than Dubia?
Any possibility, at all, that she may, already, be gravid or is in pre-molt despite not being very plump?

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
If she has not eaten, I would be concerned, about pairing them up, as well.

I'd think that she would be settled in by now.
Have you offered her a different prey item other than Dubia?
Any possibility, at all, that she may, already, be gravid or is in pre-molt despite not being very plump?

I haven't had anything to offer other than dubia, I really don't want to go get crickets even though my geckos wouldn't mind helping dispose of extras. There is a possibility that she may be gravid, not likely that she's in premolt but as always anything is possible with tarantulas.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Guess those are just a couple of things to consider.
If you can get her something else, to eat, I would try that and see how it goes.