• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Avic poop

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just wondering,

Does anyone elses Avic poop on the walls all the time and it run down? Mine is messy as i dont know what.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Avic hasn't, yet but Poecilotherias are terrible for doing it down the glass. Our adult Pokie has all over, she smears it too. I guess it's an arboreal thing.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh yes! All down the glass and her plants. A lady she ain't, lol!
1ZU5Rs2.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ok just checking wanted to make sure she didnt have the runs or something. lol Thanks ladies. :)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 I'm still waiting for skittles to make a web, maybe she doesn't realise she is an Avic? lol I say she I don't know yet. Either that or she's just a lazy one! :D
She's a bit smaller than my Versi was when I got her, so I don't know if the babies just take a bit longer to settle in general. Has she eaten yet?

Charlotte

3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 Oh yes she's a little piggy! she likes to go for a wonder around but mainly sits on the cork bark in a particular place, she must like it there. She's eating and drinking and did make a tiny web on the cork bark near to where she eats but it was tiny. I just want to see some webbing going on so I know she has somewhere to go and molt etc maybe she will do it when it's gets closer to molting?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 Oh yes she's a little piggy! she likes to go for a wonder around but mainly sits on the cork bark in a particular place, she must like it there. She's eating and drinking and did make a tiny web on the cork bark near to where she eats but it was tiny. I just want to see some webbing going on so I know she has somewhere to go and molt etc maybe she will do it when it's gets closer to molting?
Probably when it gets closer to molting. Sometimes it can take weeks with Avics before you see a significant amount of webbing.