• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Austin S. Enclosure Thread

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Figured I'd post pictures of all my enclosures I have used, and currently use.
RfrEsR8.jpg

4oFQmDe.jpg

x7MbZae.jpg

0m0j93t.jpg

oG29Imp.jpg

STPLX2z.jpg

rh7M0G6.jpg

FFOUQ6c.jpg

qcYsMPq.jpg

PuHOzK8.jpg

Ioil33Z.jpg

iQlsIQH.jpg

M6YVute.jpg

jpOoxgW.jpg

dHbxXHk.jpg

oNdlr9d.jpg

JssyU5l.jpg

NxXPEK6.jpg

SbBzSZB.jpg

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Good grief that is a fantastic setup! I would need to rent another apartment for something like that. I am so very impressed with that webbing - who does that? And who is the heat basking tarantula who wants the light on them?
These setups are very impressive.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! My only question is...i have thought about using the glass aquariums with the acrylic front and the vents. i like how they look and it would be a little cheaper. but they dont really get cross ventilation ....thoughts on that?

Austin S.

3 Year Member
The basking light is for breeding purposes only. It is to stimulate certain species to drop.
As for those glass aquariums and acrylic lids, I've had no problems at all with ventilation. But, I do have a box fan running 24/7 in that room.
Ventilation is high in the T room.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The basking light is for breeding purposes only. It is to stimulate certain species to drop.
As for those glass aquariums and acrylic lids, I've had no problems at all with ventilation. But, I do have a box fan running 24/7 in that room.
Ventilation is high in the T room.
gotcha. does anyone else use the aquarium with the acrylic front setups?

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
image.jpeg
gotcha. does anyone else use the aquarium with the acrylic front setups?
Just made a couple, and have friends that use them, and have for years with no issues. They say as kind as the plexi front is vented and air is moving in the room, no prob.
I'm almost done mine. Just touch up the background I made and add the usual, and 1 P metallica

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
That is very nice! how do u have the door latched?
The bottom smaller one is hot glued in, the hinges connect the 2, and I cut it to literally be tight to where it has to be pushed with some pressure to close. For now, until I get a small locking acrylic clasp, there's a tiny "L" bracket on top. It really is so tight it can't be opened without serious force, but with kids, still want a simple clasp. They know enough not to open any of my T enclosures, but peace if mind

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The bottom smaller one is hot glued in, the hinges connect the 2, and I cut it to literally be tight to where it has to be pushed with some pressure to close. For now, until I get a small locking acrylic clasp, there's a tiny "L" bracket on top. It really is so tight it can't be opened without serious force, but with kids, still want a simple clasp. They know enough not to open any of my T enclosures, but peace if mind
cool! yeah i dont blame u. i lock all of mine if they r large. especially if ur gonna be keeping a pokie or something like that in there. and to keep little fingers out. :)

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Awesome SpiderDad!! The ones I have were given to my by a friend, I am getting a large amt. of various adult tarantulas in this week and the next, so I need to figure out how to do that.

Set up two brand new shelving units.
LKXeFCv.jpg

pp1T8wC.jpg

Other sections of the room:
HYaipil.jpg

X4nnUsO.jpg

The large shelves will be where the wooden shelves are in the above picture, and the wooden shelves will be in the middle. All against the window.

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Hmm. Never seen that before, but I'm not a huge Poeci guy. Very nice enclosures.

I'm not either. Only ones I have are ornata, metallica, regalis, rufilata, and tigrinawesseli, but they are all breeder females. I also have a communal of 10 regalis, but that's it.
Here was the ornata
xD3lqfR.jpg

Cant say you don't like a mature female metallica, tigrinawesseli, or mature female rufi?!
r0hQVls.jpg

aDb8sUD.jpg

0zAzZBS.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh wow..definitely not saying that, gorgeous man..I have a regalis and juvie metallica, I do want to add a rufi sometime. I'm hoping my metallica turns black..

Latest posts