• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apple pie

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well darn...better give them their pic back, then...it's illegal to use it without permission, lol.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He is. I settled on the only selfie I have on my phone. Like it?
Oh my gosh........you look like that actor!!!! Damn, what's his name?! Urgh!!!!! Oh yeah...Sean Connery!!! Lol....

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
This past Thanksgiving, we had several pies, one of them being apple cinnamon. I've been putting a slice of sharp cheddar on the top, melted, so long, I don't recall who taught me to do it. I'm the only one in my immediate family that does.
Most folks look at me like I'm crazy. I do occasionally run into someone who, like me, won't eat apple pie without it.
I'm getting tired of telling stubborn, uneducated, pig headed imbeci... people that it's actually one of the greatest ideas ever thought of. Yet they insist ice cream is the way to go..and won't even try sharp cheddar melted on top.
Ice cream? Why are people so ridiculous? These are the people that are ruining civilized society. I'll stop there before I start ranting...I MEAN COME ON!
TRUMP 2016!
You know, apple pie with cheese on top works so smoothly in my head. It's as if I've seen it before a million times, but I know I haven't. I'm going to have to tell my mom to get an apple pie just to try this, because i bet she would love it. She's the one who taught me to dip fries in ice cream. (If you're British, chips. Like fish and chips.) It's sounds better the more I think about it. And the texture....

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When I hear fries I think of those awful scrawny French Fries, ugh, chips are nice chunky pieces of real potatoes fried.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You know, apple pie with cheese on top works so smoothly in my head. It's as if I've seen it before a million times, but I know I haven't. I'm going to have to tell my mom to get an apple pie just to try this, because i bet she would love it. She's the one who taught me to dip fries in ice cream. (If you're British, chips. Like fish and chips.) It's sounds better the more I think about it. And the texture....

When I was a kid I used to dip ruffles potato chips in vanilla ice cream. Sounds gross but it's so good! The sweet, salty & crunchy.....you just can't beat it, lol.

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
When I was a kid I used to dip ruffles potato chips in vanilla ice cream. Sounds gross but it's so good! The sweet, salty & crunchy.....you just can't beat it, lol.
I'm not sure sure if I would like ruffles in ice cream just cause of their texture, but yeah that whole sweet salty crunchy thing is so good.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When I hear fries I think of those awful scrawny French Fries, ugh, chips are nice chunky pieces of real potatoes fried.
Those are Shoe String french fries ;) The best fries i think are from Checkers, they have a crispy red batter coating. Awesome for chili cheese fries or just cheese fries. BK used to have good fries, they had a clear coat batter on them and were thinner, not sure when they changed but now they're a thicker fry with no batter. McDonalds has decent fries. I really like the curly fries at Arby's also. Fish n chips fries we call waffle fries. I like the jo-jo's too, otherwise known as tater wedges. KFC has good ones if you get the smaller size, the larger ones you need a sauce for, too much tater and it over powers the seasoning.

I spent 7 years working in a potato processing plant, the horror stories i could tell :p which reminds me, don't eat tater tots lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Those are Shoe String french fries ;) The best fries i think are from Checkers, they have a crispy red batter coating. Awesome for chili cheese fries or just cheese fries. BK used to have good fries, they had a clear coat batter on them and were thinner, not sure when they changed but now they're a thicker fry with no batter. McDonalds has decent fries. I really like the curly fries at Arby's also. Fish n chips fries we call waffle fries. I like the jo-jo's too, otherwise known as tater wedges. KFC has good ones if you get the smaller size, the larger ones you need a sauce for, too much tater and it over powers the seasoning.

I spent 7 years working in a potato processing plant, the horror stories i could tell :p which reminds me, don't eat tater tots lol

What are tater tots? The best chips are the ones done by our local Fish & Chip shop, just a couple of hundred yards from my house. They're just good potatoes cut thickly and deep fried in beef dripping, all that's needed is a sprinkling of salt and a helping of scraps (crispy batter off the fish and they're free).

Latest posts