• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any one heard from Bast?

Atx13

3 Year Member
Hopefully Bast comes back with news of new Versi babies, and possibly a B.smithi :).

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm back!! My computer completely crapped out on me :( Got it up and running (sort of) and awaiting a new system in a couple of weeks. Still just have the 3 t's, although I did hear from the guy about the Versi's, the sac was good and everything was good to go, but that was awhile ago...sent him a msg and just hoping he still has some left. Missed you all!! Oh, almost forgot, Chaos moulted again three days ago and we moved the little devil into a new home. It was getting a little nerve wracking to feed her...and had two (almost) escapes. Super glad that I always put her deli inside of a 10 gallon when I fed her lol. Hope all of you have been doing well :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just got finished texting the guy about the versi's....we're getting 2 versi slings (1/4inch) AND a b.smithi sling (3/4inch). OMG soooo excited right now!

Atx13

3 Year Member
Lol, I've had horrible luck with avic slings.. always try to buy mine around 1.5-2 inches now..

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The only thing I'm kinda nervous about is them getting out during feeding time. I just had so many heart attack moments when Chaos bolted for freedom at feeding time LOL. These guys are A LOT smaller than Chaos was/is. It's so much easier to deal with them when they are in larger enclosures, much more wiggle room for feeding/maintenance. I think it's just because these will be my first experience with really teeny slings...so I'm probably working myself up over nothing LOL.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The only thing I'm kinda nervous about is them getting out during feeding time. I just had so many heart attack moments when Chaos bolted for freedom at feeding time LOL. These guys are A LOT smaller than Chaos was/is. It's so much easier to deal with them when they are in larger enclosures, much more wiggle room for feeding/maintenance. I think it's just because these will be my first experience with really teeny slings...so I'm probably working myself up over nothing LOL.
They Will be fine. The b Smithi Will be too busy admiring itself in the mirror to think about legging it :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Should be getting the new babies within the next couple of weeks. Cade was so happy about the smithi that he was literally jumping up and down lol.