• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another sad loss

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Last night my Phlogiellus sp. Khao Lak, Phen, passed on to spider heaven. I'd had it for just over a year and saw very little of the tiny sling as it burrowed deep down in the substrate. Once rehoused into a larger container Phen didn't burrow but spent most of its time over the water bowl on its web. Over the last few days it has been tight against the side of the container and I thought it might be coming up to moult. Last night it was vey unresponsive with its legs up in the air and this morning although it is still in the same position there is no response at all.

Phen in better times
DSCF8864 (2).JPG

Strange position to die
DSCF9928 (2).JPG

DSCF9934 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you all.
I'm still puzzled by the way its legs were stretched out with some sticking up in the air not resting on the glass at all. There is no sign of any injury or parasites on it.

Here's a better picture of the remains
DSCF9944 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry Enn :(
When I'm feeling down about losing one, I usually either: A. Have a big feeding for the rest. B. Drink. C. Spend money I don't have on a few more, or D. Read Shampain's bite report:D

Thanks, Mass. I already have an order in for 5 new Ts from Poland, should be here at the end of the month once I have the money to pay for them :D:oops:

Latest posts