• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aicularia Versicolor DIY enclousue..

bookac

3 Year Member
Discovering discovering :)

bIvncr9.jpg

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just something I thought would be good to mention: It'll likely web up near the top, so don't be worried if you should have to destroy some of the web when you remove the lid to feed or whatever. The spider will quickly re-web. My A.diversipes and versicolor both have webbed their lids shut to the point of where it's impossible to remove the lid without tearing some of the webbing. It happens on a pretty regular basis and they always re-web afterwards.

bookac

3 Year Member
Just something I thought would be good to mention: It'll likely web up near the top, so don't be worried if you should have to destroy some of the web when you remove the lid to feed or whatever. The spider will quickly re-web. My A.diversipes and versicolor both have webbed their lids shut to the point of where it's impossible to remove the lid without tearing some of the webbing. It happens on a pretty regular basis and they always re-web afterwards.
Thanks Cubbs, I was kinda worried about that, because she/he is spending most of her time at the top of the enclousure.

Still not a single visible web has been done..

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Cubbs, I was kinda worried about that, because she/he is spending most of her time at the top of the enclousure.

Still not a single visible web has been done..
Well they are arboreal They're supposed to do that [emoji14]

You've had it for a few days right? It honestly could be weeks or months before you see any significant webbing. Give it some time.