• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult female LP

TabithasMom

3 Year Member
Hi, all!

I just found out the L. parahybana I love and adore, once named Pandora, is a male. He had his ultimate molt about a month ago, and is spinning some sperm webs. While I'm bummed he didn't turn out to be a she, I quickly shifted my focus to finding a female in hopes to breed. I'm finding a lot of slings left and right, but virtually no adult females. While it's anyone's guess how long he'll be virile, I'd rather do this sooner rather than later, if at all possible. Any leads would be much appreciated. I have a few people nearby on the look-out for me, but thought I'd extend my search. Thanks again!

TabithasMom

3 Year Member
I will definitely keep this in mind! If I can't find a female, I would be willing to "stud" him out, lol. Of course, I need to know he's in good hands, so the female doesn't turn on him. Yes, it's always a risk, but I am a worried mom over my eight-legged babies. ;)

Therasoid

3 Year Member
A Brandon Becker AKA Mary Anderson SCAMMER me thinks ...
Agree with you on this one Doc.
This one from Peter Clausen???
From the E-mail address, this one in Sao Tome, has "red flag" all over it. A new member, first post is "for sale", correspondence is by E-mail, no price and nothing in the "reviews" section of the forum. ???? Suspicious to say the least.

TabithasMom

3 Year Member
Thank you! I haven't contacted him, just cuz my "spidey senses" were tingling. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was a scam. And Doc, I haven't forgotten about your offer. I've been going back and forth about whether to send him out to breed, but I need to weigh out the emotional connection I have with this guy, lol. :rolleyes:

BugsInCyberspace

3 Year Member
I contacted Josh about this a couple of days ago via PM and reported this "Peter Clausen" post to the mods and nobody has gotten back to me. That supposed Peter Clausen guy is still a member on this forum and posing as me (the real Peter Clausen) and PM'ing people telling them he is from BugsInCyberspace.com (my store). Nobody from forum management has gotten back to me on this. Somebody, anybody? I expect a PM on this topic post haste! I don't know how else to get anybody in management's attention on this matter, so I'm resorting to this as the warning thread another member had posted on this topic as well as my reply to it were apparently deleted without explanation to me. I own three insect forums. We always give an explanation in circumstances like this. I'm not happy about somebody on this forum impersonating me. I'm not happy that this guy still shows as a member on here. I'm not happy that my name is attached to all this above and no moderator has chimed in to give an explanation. So, I have no choice but to do it myself. If your'e going to delete the "warning" threads in the other post, please delete all the reference to Peter Clausen above and ban that member. Will a moderator please let me know if this is going to be dealt with? I have a feedback thread on this forum and am a 20 year veteran and contributor to this fine hobby. I am very disappointed in this situation.

Doc Miller

3 Year Member
Hey TabithasMom I have a female that's 5 years old raised it from a sling, in the 6-7 inch range & molted last 5/20/15 I was looking for a mm male but with all the other species I'm working with breeding her is just to many irons in the fire. If interested Id sell her for $150

TabithasMom

3 Year Member
I'm going to another reptile/arachnid show this weekend in a last ditch effort, and if I don't find one there, I will PM you, Doc.

Doc Miller

3 Year Member
I'll give you a better price on that to if you need her. I thought about it after I posted to high for a fellow breeder.
she's a good mom. I got a monster sac last year from her.

Latest posts