• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acanthoscurria.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My MF A. brocklehursti (Jul 2012)
2012-07-16_15-28-25_111.jpg

Raised her up from a 2i sling (Nov 2010)
3-21-11%2520Ab8.jpg

Listershat

3 Year Member
The only ones you see over here available are the Geniculata obviously, (need another my 2" died before xmas) and the Brocklehursti which is virtually the same. Your Chacoana's cute too, nothing like the genus more of a brown Seemanni, (prob why I like it :D) .

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is some stunners on this thread. I might start looking at different species when I go shopping instead of just looking for rosies and red knees.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Couldn't resist posting...I looooove A. geniculata! :) Here's my baby. I've been kicking myself cause he's about 2.25" and I still can't determine the sex. He can't molt fast enough, ha ha. :)

Attachments

• A. genic 1.JPG
    A. genic 1.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 16
  • A. genic 2.JPG
    A. genic 2.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 16
  • A. genic 3.jpg
    A. genic 3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 16

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
For all the people who keep these: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...MARCH-2014-Release-no-more-brocklehursti-READ!

Seems brocklehursti has been synonymized and is no longer a valid species.
Sorry for the link to another forum, but there is a good discussion there.

Regarding this statement: "I'd like the take home message to be that sometimes pettrade-scientific names ARE completely the wrong scientific names when it comes to what was originally described by that name (and typically have a museum voucher/s) that can and often should be restudied." I think people would be surprised at how relevant it is too many other genera/species...

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
another spider that we have to call Genus "hobby" species..
Honestly if they ever were separate species I think they're so hybridized in the hobby that it doesn't matter.