1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A volunteer wanted

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Enn49, Feb 1, 2017.

1. LadyFang618

LadyFang618 Active Member

Like I said, I'll do it. I have admin experience both in the outside world and on Internet forums. I may be new here but I think some of the people I've talked to, since I became a member, can attest that I'm up all night and I scroll thru every post. And I'm probably the least biased person any of u will have ever met. And I'm well spoken enough to make others realize they're doing something wrong without making them feel the need to whine incessantly. But I understand if you all decide on someone that you know better or someone that's been here longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

I have put other names forward but Josh seems happy with the 2 of us at present.
  3. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

I'd be happy with Cryptic, CaseyK or Pasodoma. Just my dos pesos. I don't suppose the self contained unit called plessy would oblige? I made an abrupt comment to him once, and despite being pissed(uh, I think?) he took it rather well..I won't apologize for the message, but I will for the delivery. Sorry man, I get touchy about censorship. I'm working on that(I've been backsliding recently)...but I'm not sure if he's in the US..not that I care. He's posted more valuable information on this site than anyone I've seen. Bar none. His knowledge is obvious. In the short time Pasodoma has been here, she's also impressed me. I don't know her though, or LadyFang. They seem great though.
    Cryptic is Cryptic, I'd vote for him anytime.
    Casey is one of my favorite people to buy from, and obviously has much experience..no question there. She also has a great personality, and would be great dealing with shitheads like Shampain. Did I type that out loud? Oops..
    But if Plessy or Cryptic could step up I'd be very happy..
    Knowledge is power, yeah?
    I won't ever step forward for this, I'm too much of an ass..
    That's my prerogative though, and whoever does take the job, understand, PLEASE, that Josh has shown no interest in censoring or lording over this forum, and we speak freely here, within reason..this is not AB. Our two mods are not into being overbearing. Nor are they silent if they have something to say. We go off topic all the time. We post what we want. We say what we want. Within reason. No tight asses. There it is..
    If that changes, the membership will too, and the small collection of hobbyists will see it. You will see the best invert forum online go silent. That's not a threat, thats a fact.
    TLDR, get plessey or cryptic in here, if they're agreeable..we need them for this little forum to grow.
    Why do I have a bad feeling, thinking about this forum getting big.. :confused:
    Pasodama, CrypticSpider and Casey K. like this.
  4. Enn49

Does anyone feel the need for another mod at the moment? Many of the names @MassExodus mentions were put forward to Josh a while back and he said he'd look into it but he's never added anyone else. If feelings are strong then I'm happy to email him again.
    Casey K. and MassExodus like this.
  5. MassExodus

Nope, ya'll are doing a fine job Enn, I just wanted to put forward my nominations because the thread popped up again;) I really would like plessey and cryptic to at least post more..
    Perhaps this forum isn't to their taste though. We do deviate from the normal..rather strict..style of T forum..for which I am eternally grateful.
    To each their own. I rather admire those two though. Smart mofos, and knowledge should be passed on. I mean, why not? ;)
  6. Enn49

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I really do hope we can keep it as friendly as it is now so that new keepers can feel free to ask anything that is bothering them without the fear of being made to feel stupid.
    Pasodama, MassExodus and Casey K. like this.
  7. Casey K.

Casey K. Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

No you don't you liar!!! You ADMIRE ME!!! Tell the truth now, Mass....:p
    MassExodus likes this.
  8. Casey K.

I still vote me for referee and bouncer of this T club....lmao....
    MassExodus likes this.
  9. Enn49

I can only suggest that you contact Josh.
    MassExodus and Casey K. like this.
  10. Casey K.

Oh I'm just kidding Enn, lol....you know me. :) Just trying to get a laugh.
    MassExodus likes this.
  11. Casey K.

I can't tell you how much that burns my ass. People on AB do that shit all the time. Not gonna mention any names because it's unprofessional but I've dealt with a few, myself. There are shark tanks and lion dens in AB. I've seen it numerous times. I don't like it and when I see cyber bullying (what I call it) and someone trying to chase off a new hobbyist I am ready to jump in and play super woman. I was bullied when I was in school. Maybe it triggers something...idk...but it's still not right and as long as I'm around I will always welcome newcomers and defend them from the forum bullies. There was actually one person that is a member here that I helped when it came to that. They're still here. No question is a dumb question....no matter how available the answer is on the internet and if you have the ability to research it. We are here to help those that "don't" know. They are taking the step forward to ask for the help. It's our duty to hold their hand and pull them up the ladder. Not discriminate just because they want an OW or a Poecie as their first T. "Recommendations" have turned into brutal "PRINCIPLES" in this hobby and I think it's BS.
  12. MassExodus

I do:) I can't express my admiration for you though, because I would be described as a manpig...lmfao...
    LadyFang618 and Casey K. like this.
  13. Casey K.

Not a man pig, Mass. Just a man. :)
    LadyFang618 and MassExodus like this.
  14. MassExodus

I couldn't have said it better..
    Casey K. and LadyFang618 like this.
  15. LadyFang618

I couldn't have said any of that better. Ur very well spoken. I like that. And I know exactly what ur talking about because I was a victim of it not to long ago. I'm not new to the hobby but I'm new to the forums and Facebook groups and people would laugh at me when I asked questions. The only one that's really been nice and informative on the FB groups is a guy named Ian Heslop, i dont know if he's in this forum tho. But an example, I didn't understand the numbers that you all put before the scientific/common names when talking about what T's u have. It took me forever to figure it out cuz people just picked on me instead of telling me what it was. One of the admins actually prevented my ability to comment on one of the groups because "I wasn't knowledgeable enough"... because I asked one question... fucking terrible! Pissed me off because in all reality, I'm actually very knowledgeable of T's and other inverts. I just didn't understand their elitist language. Ass holes.

MassExodus and Casey K. like this.
  16. Enn49

I know but it could work.

I totally agree with you. I was treated like a complete idiot on AB when I bought my first T, well it was a juvi OBT, and always said I never put down anyone no matter how simple the question. That's the great thing on TF, I don't think I've ever seen that sort of treatment, everyone is so helpful.
    Pasodama, MassExodus and Casey K. like this.
  17. Casey K.

I got your back, girl. ;)
    LadyFang618 likes this.
  18. LadyFang618

Thanks Ma:)

Casey K. likes this.
  19. MassExodus

That's another thing. We get all the cool chicks here :D
    Lee. M, Pasodama and Casey K. like this.
  20. Casey K.

You're welcome, Ma ;):)