• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. versicolor - Before and After Molt

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
6310acfd-3f4e-4814-85d8-43e729c2bd27_zps88d70189.jpg

After noticing my A. versicolor looking rather picturesque yesterday, I decided to snap a couple pictures. Well, as luck would have it, she molted today! Even more fortuitous, she was sitting in almost the exact same spot today when I snapped the post-molt pic.

I absolutely LOVE the color changes this species undergoes between molts...it's been amazing watching her grow from a .5" sling to this almost 3" sub-adult!

Last edited:

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks, Snipercrown!

Grammastola in my heart: She was right around 2.25" before and she's just under 3" now.

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member

After noticing my A. versicolor looking rather picturesque yesterday, I decided to snap a couple pictures. Well, as luck would have it, she molted today! Even more fortuitous, she was sitting in almost the exact same spot today when I snapped the post-molt pic.

I absolutely LOVE the color changes this species undergoes between molts...it's been amazing watching her grow from a .5" sling to this almost 3" sub-adult!

Wow Tom! She's beautiful! As colorful as a GBB honestly. And she's modeling for you. So cute :)

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member

I know what you mean. Jewlz goes through color changes every time she molts, too. Actually, as pic below will indicate, she began her fourth molt since arriving here with me about a year ago now only last night. I grabbed a pic of her mid molt, very creepy as she looks like two T's in one and under the IR light, too. Checking on her this morning she was safely tucked behind her tree stump and a bit shy about posing for pics just yet. Am really excited to see what makeup she's decided to wear this time :) :) :)

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 25

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know what you mean. Jewlz goes through color changes every time she molts, too. Actually, as pic below will indicate, she began her fourth molt since arriving here with me about a year ago now only last night. I grabbed a pic of her mid molt, very creepy as she looks like two T's in one and under the IR light, too. Checking on her this morning she was safely tucked behind her tree stump and a bit shy about posing for pics just yet. Am really excited to see what makeup she's decided to wear this time :) :) :)

Wow, she looks like a big girl...how large is she? I LOVE when they are still in mid-molt and they look like two Ts...so creepy and cool. Hope you get a pic of her new digs soon! :)

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
Thank you so much! Yup, she was striking poses all over the place that day. :)

Friend Tom,

I went to peek on Jewlz today, just to see how she's faring a week or so after her molt, and much to my dismay, one of her left legs, second one down actually, is ALMOST NON EXISTENT! The last fourth of it looks like it turned into a piece of hay, like a little twig! The rest of the leg is alright, it's just the last 1/4 of it, the part she uses to walk on, that looks like this. She seems to be getting around alright but I"m not sure what it is or if it will spread. Is it because it is too wet, which would be weird cause it's BONE DRY in there, well, except for the occasional misting and the water dish. Did it dry out during the molt, or under the IR lamp? Do you know what this might be? I've searched the boards using various terminologies and can't find anything. Thanks for your help darlin,

Kelly and Jewlz

Latest posts