• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A tale of 3 curlies + 1

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's amazing to raise such fast growers. Oh well, drooling as usual over great pics.

I will just have to contend myself with my living rock b. smithi. :oops:

Fleas

3 Year Member
I have placed two orders already actually. Still waiting for confirmation if stocks are available. Need to learn who the reputable local dealers are so it took time. :cool:
Have you tried craigslist? Were am from there people trying to get rid of their t once in a while that's where I met a local dealer/breeder

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Have you tried craigslist? Were am from there people trying to get rid of their t once in a while that's where I met a local dealer/breeder
I am from the Philippines, I get more deals in Facebook than in Craigslist. ^_^ Thanks for the info though.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@RedCapTrio You should have gone smaller to see the hard work the albo does digging its burrows as a sling but a great choice.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wifey wanted a T to have some color so decided against the albo. Instead, I ordered a fire leg together with the chaco. Will be getting them by Wednesday or Thursday, yey!

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Chaco @1inch and Bohemie @0.5inch! Yes, I will be creating their individual threads soon. :D

garrim

3 Year Member
I just picked up a ~2" albo at the recent reptile expo here. He likes to burrow himself in his hide, blocking the entrance with substrate. I thought this species generally spent their time out in the open but going by this thread I am guessing they burrow when they are smaller/younger?

By the way, I don't think it's coincidence that I read this thread a few days before the expo and I came home with a B. albopilosum! I went there telling myself I'd only spend money on a B. albiceps if anyone had one for sale. That didn't work out too well because I couldn't pass up the cute little curly that one dealer had for $20. So thanks a lot RedCapTrio... :p

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just picked up a ~2" albo at the recent reptile expo here. He likes to burrow himself in his hide, blocking the entrance with substrate. I thought this species generally spent their time out in the open but going by this thread I am guessing they burrow when they are smaller/younger?

By the way, I don't think it's coincidence that I read this thread a few days before the expo and I came home with a B. albopilosum! I went there telling myself I'd only spend money on a B. albiceps if anyone had one for sale. That didn't work out too well because I couldn't pass up the cute little curly that one dealer had for $20. So thanks a lot RedCapTrio... :p

No problem! This is actually @Enn49 's thread and I did not bought an Albo but rather the B. boehmei and G. pulchripes. :rolleyes::D;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@garrim I was told once they reached an 1"-1.5" then they would spend more time in the open and that is exactly what Coco did. The smaller 2, Jalen and Tinto have taken longer but are both out more than they were. I loved watching them burrow though, they were always so busy digging and had amazing tunnels right down to the bottom of their containers where I could watch them scuttling around. Sit back and enjoy your little one :).

garrim

3 Year Member
No problem! This is actually @Enn49 's thread and I did not bought an Albo but rather the B. boehmei and G. pulchripes. :rolleyes::D;)

So sorry! haha

@garrim I was told once they reached an 1"-1.5" then they would spend more time in the open and that is exactly what Coco did. The smaller 2, Jalen and Tinto have taken longer but are both out more than they were. I loved watching them burrow though, they were always so busy digging and had amazing tunnels right down to the bottom of their containers where I could watch them scuttling around. Sit back and enjoy your little one :).

I definitely am/will/ I wonder if he's just getting ready to molt perhaps. Here is a pic of him:

cropped.png

His abdomen is darker about halfway through the length of it compared to the brown color on the half towards the carapace. That's why I'm assuming he may be in pre-molt. I just got him on Sunday so I'm not sure what he normally looks like or if this is even a deviation/pre-molt coloration in the first place or if that is just how he looks normally.

Awesome thread btw!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He looks as though he's kicked some hairs which could be stress from being moved around or it could be premoult.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As there is so much interest in the B. albo's at the moment I thought it timefor an update on my 3.

Coco, still the largest of the 3.
DSCF0699 (2).JPG

Jalen, catching Coco up in size now with its recent moult.
DSCF0696.JPG

Tinto
, still the little one and still has a small burrow to hide in when disturbed. Always manages to fill the water bowl with substrate.
DSCF0903.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts