• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A tale of 3 curlies + 1

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My first B. albopilosum was a freebie 4 months ago but I soon fell in love with it, so active, always digging. A week ago I bought 2 more, both different in personalities but both just as adorable.

Coco, my first. Coco has a tunnel right across the bottom of its deli, works so hard at keeping it all just so and has recently had to enlarge it as it moulted a couple of weeks ago.
DSCF7459.JPG

Jalen hasn't tunnelled yet, just hides under a leaf or sits on the side of the water bowl.
DSCF7453.JPG

DSCF7448.JPG

Tinto is the smallest but has already dug itself a tunnel and was too busy to pose for a photo.
DSCF7462.JPG

Last edited:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My first B. albopilosum was a freebie 4 months ago but I soon fell in love with it, so active, always digging. A week ago I bought 2 more, both different in personalities but both just as adorable.

Coco, my first. Coco has a tunnel right across the bottom of its deli, works so hard at keeping it all just so and has recently had to enlarge it as it moulted a couple of weeks ago.

Jalen hasn't tunnelled yet, just hides under a leaf or sits on the side of the water bowl.

Tinto is the smallest but has already dug itself a tunnel and was too busy to pose for a photo.
Hello
They are surely one of the most docile tarantulas,and the curly hair looks like they need a stylist each and every day haha.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello
They are surely one of the most docile tarantulas,and the curly hair looks like they need a stylist each and every day haha.

Maybe we should rename them “the bad hair day T”. They may be the most docile but I'm sure they must be the hardest workers.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Where did you get them from?

I got them off eBay

Are they prorep micro dishes ?

Yes, at least the ones I've just ordered are but some of the others weren't in packaging so I don't really know but they look to be the same.

They're good because at 1'' diameter they don't tip over easily but they are very shallow so no chance of any accidents. Once a sling gets to about ½'' they seem to cope quite happily

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thought so! I bought some when I got my G.Pulchra sling. I think there is 4 or 5 in a box
image.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow, you've got your hands full, I think I'll stick with my 3 :T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought I'd update.

Coco, the largest was rehoused at New Year and although it started a burrow straight away it hasn't gone down like before. It moulted last week and has grown quite a bit so the burrow had to be made bigger.
DSCF7761.JPG

Jalen has done exactly what Coco did and burrowed to the bottom and can be seen scuttling around on the base of the container.
DSCF7762a.jpg

Tinto, the smallest, on the other hand has not gone down far but is constantly rearranging its home
DSCF7765a.jpg

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Coco, the largest, is normally down in its burrow but tonight I found it having a wander. Another moult and it will be needing a larger container
DSCF7932.JPG

Last edited:

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Enn49.. I've had my curly now for about 3 weeks.. Excellent T!!!
I'm having trouble with mine, it keeps filling it's water dish with substrate..

Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Enn49.. I've had my curly now for about 3 weeks.. Excellent T!!!
I'm having trouble with mine, it keeps filling it's water dish with substrate..

Sym

They are great aren't they? I had that problem with one of my LPs but it seems to have grown out of the habit. Sadly there's not a lot you can do about it, just keep cleaning it out or at least keep the sub in the bowl it wet.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Jalen has reappeared from the depths of its burrow and a seems to have moulted down below at some point.

DSCF8040.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts