• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Seemani "blue" Eggs with Legs

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi. I incubated my eggs after pulling them at day 20 (minimum)- mom abandoned sac. I had a 5 day window. She laid the eggs between March 1st & 5th. I pulled them on March 25th. Here it is 4 days after and there are eggs with legs forming. Is it ok for me to go ahead & separate them? I've read that some breeders do this to avoid the hassle of separating a lot of babies that are actually "running around". If I do separate them, do I put a moistened paper towel at the bottom of the little deli container or will this cause them to mold??? I'm just unsure. This is my first sac. Also, is it ok for them to "stick" to each other because some of them are doing that. Will it effect their molting if stuck to each other??? Any advice gladly taken!!! Thanks so much!.

Poec54

3 Year Member
Great species to breed. I keep all my EWL's on slightly moist (not soggy) papertowels. If you're going to separate them, do it at 1st or 2nd instar, not EWL, they're too delicate then.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Awesome! Thanks. Do the paper towels ever dry out? I mean, do you have to keep misting them or will they molt into 1st instar before then?

Poec54

3 Year Member
Awesome! Thanks. Do the paper towels ever dry out? I mean, do you have to keep misting them or will they molt into 1st instar before then?

They'll dry out; how fast depends on the ventilation & room temp and humidity. I lightly mist the paper towel with a fine spray. Too much and the ones on the bottom can drown in the soggy spots. A dry paper towel makes me nervous. I either use the deli cups lids that have holes with cheesecloth covering them, or use a solid lid and make pin holes in the upper sides. They need some air exchange to prevent mold/mildew, but not a lot. You want to keep tiny flies from being able to get in there and feast on the helpless eggs/slings.