• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.Avicularia injury

Justin Lee

3 Year Member
  • my fairly new Pinktoe took a very terrifying jump/fall today. i instantly began to examine it for any injury. being new to tarantulas, and never have experienced a fall, 'm not too sure what to look for, and to be honest, 'm worried. The tarantula has been still for a while from what i assume is stress. i think a leg or too is injured, but i'm a little more concerned about what else could have possibly happened, and really would like some help here.
  • i know falls in general are dangerous, but im not too sure what to think since a good number of people say avics a bit stronger against falls than terrestrials.
  • 'm just over all concerned for my pink toe, and really want some advice asap.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Unless it's visibly bleeding there is nothing to worry about. Falls aren't as much of a concern with arboreals. They're built to take a fall. Even if it injured a leg, after a molt or two, the problem will be corrected. They will also regenerate lost limbs after a certain amount of molts. I had an A.metallica with a slightly bent front leg. The spider was still able to climb and eat just fine though.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
See how the leg is slightly bent upwards? It was like that permanently for several months until it molted again.

39716c75dd320b4278ce61b44b57b51f.jpg

SasyStace

3 Year Member
  • my fairly new Pinktoe took a very terrifying jump/fall today. i instantly began to examine it for any injury. being new to tarantulas, and never have experienced a fall, 'm not too sure what to look for, and to be honest, 'm worried. The tarantula has been still for a while from what i assume is stress. i think a leg or too is injured, but i'm a little more concerned about what else could have possibly happened, and really would like some help here.
  • i know falls in general are dangerous, but im not too sure what to think since a good number of people say avics a bit stronger against falls than terrestrials.
  • 'm just over all concerned for my pink toe, and really want some advice asap.
How is your T doing Justin?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah if u dont see anything oozing then u r probably fine. just keep an eye on her. did the fall happen because u were holding her? just wondering.

Latest posts