• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A anax breeding project

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As a side note, the night I bred these two, the female refused a dubia in the am, and then an adult red runner just before the pairing. After the pairing, she got pushed away and the male left at a fast walk. She then kind of belatedly wandered after him, looking dazed, and when I celebrated by offering a fat dubia, she snatched it quick..What conclusions can you draw from that, I wonder? Did the male dodge a bullet, despite the fact that she was well fed? Does mating actually trigger the females appetite? Both my Lps fed right after pairing as well. The mm anax has yet to eat. He needs to, he's facing another female soon. I'm wondering if he'll spin another sperm web..hes sitting right between two females :D

Last edited:

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I wouldn't be surprised if mating triggers a feeding response. They know that it might be the last meal they have for a while and they need to take the opportunity while they can.
I really hope this little guy makes it. Are you going to release him or keep him comfy for his final days?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160605_19_54_56_Pro.jpg

Female number two, successful:D
The male was released in my back field, near a open ended horse stable with plenty of grasshoppers and crickets congregating near a trough. He performed like a boss, he deserves freedom and the chance at more T poon. I saw another mm at work two days ago. They're out:)

Latest posts