• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 new pokie slings <3

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
My boyfriend went to buy crickets & rats today and apparently had two new pokies put aside for us to pick up tomorrow. He isn't as big a fan as I am on learning the Latin names, so from what I understand we are getting a p.rufilata and a p.ornata. That will make 4 pokies we have (plus our p.metallica and regalis), 16 tarantulas total + 1 true spider. :) :)

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My boyfriend went to buy crickets & rats today and apparently had two new pokies put aside for us to pick up tomorrow. He isn't as big a fan as I am on learning the Latin names, so from what I understand we are getting a p.rufilata and a p.ornata. That will make 4 pokies we have (plus our p.metallica and regalis), 16 tarantulas total + 1 true spider. :) :)

That is awesome,the rufliata(red slate ornamental) and ornata(fringed ornamental) are the correct names. They are both beautiful specimens,and I believe the ornata being the largest of the Poecilotheria Genus.

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
I want a heteroscodra maculata, and also an x.immanis. He keeps buying tarantulas that aren't on MY list and by the time we get them I have a bad feeling we're going to have fifty spiders. The poecilotheria genus is probably one of the most beautiful and I'm glad we're getting some good ones though!

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I want a heteroscodra maculata, and also an x.immanis. He keeps buying tarantulas that aren't on MY list and by the time we get them I have a bad feeling we're going to have fifty spiders. The poecilotheria genus is probably one of the most beautiful and I'm glad we're getting some good ones though!

They are awesome,and need to be added to any collection especially arboreal.

Logan D

3 Year Member